- Ep. 52: How do we live a life pleasing to God?
- Ep. 51: What does a dead faith look like?
- Ep. 50: What does the cross teach us about God?
- Ep. 49: What are the signs of Jesus' return?
- Ep. 48: What does Jesus teach about divorce?
- Ep. 47: How is Jesus a door?
- Ep. 46: Did Jesus really call a woman a dog?
- Ep. 45: How does mourning lead to the blessed life?
- Ep. 44: Why did Jesus get baptized?
- Ep. 43: Will tithing being me financial blessings?
- Ep. 42: Why is God not mentioned in the book of Esther?
- Ep. 41: Does Daniel really prophecy future kingdoms?
- Ep. 40: Is the temple in Ezekiel literal or symbolic?
- Ep. 39: What are the creatures and wheels in Ezekiel 1?
- Ep. 38: Can God really use evil nations for his holy purposes?
- Ep. 37: How did the destruction of Jerusalem impact Israel?
- Ep. 36: Why is wrath necessary?
- Ep. 35: How does an 8 year old rule as king?
- Ep. 34: Why did the Messiah have to suffer?
- Ep. 33: What does a prophet's marriage have to do with me?
- Ep. 32: What is the book of Amos about?
- Ep. 31: Was Jonah Prejudiced?
- Ep. 30: Why would anyone want to be a prophet?
- Ep. 29: What led to the division of the kingdom of Israel?
- Ep. 28: What can we learn from the dedication of the temple?
- Ep. 27: How should we approach the book of Proverbs?
- Ep. 26: What is the purpose of Song of Solomon?
- Ep. 25: Who is Satan and what is the purpose of angels?
- Ep 24: Did God really use King David’s son to punish him?
- Ep. 23: What's different about the Davidic Covenant?
- Ep. 22: Are there any boundaries to our worship?
- Ep. 21: Why is lament an important part of the Christian life?
- Ep. 20: What were the key difference between David & Saul?
- Ep. 19: What went wrong with King Saul?
- Ep. 18: The book of Ruth and our Kinsman Redeemer
- Ep. 17: Why did God raise up judges in Israel?
- Ep. 16: How do we rightly understand the conquest of Canaan?
- Ep. 15: What is the Shema?
- Ep. 14: Why were blessings and cursing so important to Israel?
- Ep 13: Why did the people of Israel have to wander in the wilderness?
- Ep. 12: Why did God appoint feasts for the people of Israel?
- Ep. 11: What is the significance of the Tabernacle?
- Ep. 10: How do the 10 commandments (law of God) apply to us today?
- Ep. 9 - What are the effects of the curse?
- Ep. 8 - What led to the fall of man?
- Ep. 7 - What does it mean to be made in the image of God?
- Ep. 6 - Who is God?
- Ep. 5: Why is the birth of Jesus significant?
- Ep.4: Why does Jesus call Himself gentle and lowly?
- Ep.3: What does it mean that Jesus is our Great High Priest?
- Ep.2: Why should we study God's Word?
- Ep.1: Why should we focus on Christ?
WATCH THE PODCAST
Focused on Christ is dedicated to the exaltation of Jesus Christ through thoughtful discussions about God’s Word and it’s practical application to our lives. Join Pastors Nathan Smith and Mike Crump as they ask key questions and open up the Bible to see more about our Glorious Savior.
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 1 Cor 2:2
I love technology. In fact, I would confess that I may get a little too excited about new tech, updated phones, and the latest digital craze that captures the culture's attention. The downside of this love of tech is that it can often serve as an ever-increasing list...
Nathan is the Senior Pastor of Heritage Baptist Church in Lynchburg VA. Nathan earned his doctorate from The Master’s Seminary and serves as the leading teaching pastor at Heritage. Growing up in Tanzania as part of a missionary family, he came to love the Word of God and it’s power to transform the lives of people around the globe. He brings that passion to his teaching ministry and as he seeks to lead the church in sending men and women to the nations.
Mike is Pastor of Church Communications at Heritage Baptist Church here he writes and produces various content for the people of Heritage. Mike grew up in North Carolina, moving to Lynchburg with his family to attend Liberty’s School of Divinity. He has been involved in Christian media for over 20 years and has a passion for using modern means to proclaim the ultimate truth of the Gospel.