- Ep. 16: How do we rightly understand the conquest of Canaan?
- Ep. 15: What is the Shema?
- Ep. 14: Why were blessings and cursing so important to Israel?
- Ep 13: Why did the people of Israel have to wander in the wilderness?
- Ep. 12: Why did God appoint feasts for the people of Israel?
- Ep. 11: What is the significance of the Tabernacle?
- Ep. 10: How do the 10 commandments (law of God) apply to us today?
- Ep. 9 - What are the effects of the curse?
- Ep. 8 - What led to the fall of man?
- Ep. 7 - What does it mean to be made in the image of God?
- Ep. 6 - Who is God?
- Ep. 5: Why is the birth of Jesus significant?
- Ep.4: Why does Jesus call Himself gentle and lowly?
- Ep.3: What does it mean that Jesus is our Great High Priest?
- Ep.2: Why should we study God's Word?
- Ep.1: Why should we focus on Christ?
WATCH THE PODCAST
Focused on Christ is dedicated to the exaltation of Jesus Christ through thoughtful discussions about God’s Word and it’s practical application to our lives. Join Pastors Nathan Smith and Mike Crump as they ask key questions and open up the Bible to see more about our Glorious Savior.
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 1 Cor 2:2
The Secret Things of God
“I don’t understand it God”
I am not sure if I spoke those words out loud or if they were just the inward dialogue of my heart, but either way – I was at the end of myself and wanted answers.
My newly born baby girl was back in the hospital after only a few weeks of being at home. Amy and I were not sure what to expect, but all I knew in that moment was that my precious child was not where she was supposed to be…
The Truth Behind Our Complaining
There I am with a jug of laundry detergent and carton of ice cream heading to the check-out only to find that among 10 check-out aisles only 3 are running and a billion people are rushing to pay for their groceries. I analyze the situation, calculate the potential wait time for each line and make a selection – only to find the person in front of me brought their coupons and an actual check book to pay for their 2 carts of food.
Let the complaining begin.
Our Focus Matters
I love technology. In fact, I would confess that I may get a little too excited about new tech, updated phones, and the latest digital craze that captures the culture's attention. The downside of this love of tech is that it can often serve as an ever-increasing list...
Nathan is the Senior Pastor of Heritage Baptist Church in Lynchburg VA. Nathan earned his doctorate from The Master’s Seminary and serves as the leading teaching pastor at Heritage. Growing up in Tanzania as part of a missionary family, he came to love the Word of God and it’s power to transform the lives of people around the globe. He brings that passion to his teaching ministry and as he seeks to lead the church in sending men and women to the nations.
Mike is Pastor of Church Communications at Heritage Baptist Church here he writes and produces various content for the people of Heritage. Mike grew up in North Carolina, moving to Lynchburg with his family to attend Liberty’s School of Divinity. He has been involved in Christian media for over 20 years and has a passion for using modern means to proclaim the ultimate truth of the Gospel.